mercredi 25 mars 2015

Export GIS data to interactive report


Hopefully this is a GIS question although it crosses boundaries:


I'm looking into the possibility of creating an all-in-one portable report derived from data compiled in GIS. This would contain a campus map with point data which, when clicked, would take the user to the relevant entry in a table and ideally have an option to open an image.


A software package might be an option. I'm aware of TerraGo (far too expensive) and InstantAtlas (a bit too expensive probably and uses ArcMap) - both of these offer more than I need. I use QGIS on Linux, but can use Windows 7. Some of the related answers on StackExchange are ArcMap-based & my future is not with this.


I wondered about HTML/web tech. Not sure if this can be done as a single file or some other unbreakable setup. Webmapping etc is not an option and I can't see sending the data with a free GIS viewer working, as it needs to be reasonably end user proof.


Can anyone advise any packages to look at, or how (conceptually- I can learn the nuts & bolts) I might achieve this with any of the options above, or anything else? Thank you





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire