jeudi 26 février 2015

What exact format do I need to have for the inputs to make Path Distance work?


I am trying to run the Path Distance tool in ArcGis 10.1. Ideally I would like to utilize Tobler's hiking formula anisotropic approach to slope and a land cover cost surface to calculate the least cost path. When I run just the slope, it works just fine. However, when I add the land cover raster it outputs at raster that has values from a high of 3.40282e+038 to a low of -3.40282e+038. These will not display so I have tried to figure out what I need to do to get them to display.


In searching for an answer I tried the solutions listed here:Why is Raster Layer not visible? None of these solutions worked. The statistics cannot be calculated for the raster, nor the histograms computed due to too many unique values. When it is exported it still does not display.


My question is what can I do to get this raster to display, or is this an indicator that the Path Distance did not create a raster with real data? If so what format do I need to have the input data (in this case the Land Cover) raster such that it will successfully output a visible raster?


Other details: The Input raster or Feature source for the path distance is a point shape file which I select prior to running the Path Distance tool


The Land cover is a 30 m raster downloaded from the national map website and clipped to my area of interest and then reclassified to give costs to the different land cover types and combine types into one of four cost values. That raster is unsigned 8 bit FGDBR Integer.


The output from path distance is 32 bit FGDBR Floating point.


Thank you for your help!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire