jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Divide polygons into *n* number of groups of equal counts with ArcGIS 10.2


One of my tasks for work is to divide parcels into groups. These groups will be used by agents to talk to property owners. The goal is to make the agent's job easy by grouping parcels that are near each other together, as well as divide the parcels into equal numbers so that the work is distributed evenly. The number of agents can fluctuate from a couple to 10+.


Currently I perform this task manually, but would like to automate the process if at all possible. I've explored various ArcGIS tools, but none seem to suit my need. I tried a script (in python) that makes use of near_analysis and selecting of polygons, but it's rather random and takes forever to accomplish a semi-correct result that then takes me longer to fix than if I just did everything manually from the start.


Is there a reliable method to automate this task?


Results example (hopefully without the division we see in yellow):


Divided Parcels


Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire